- Date Listed14/02/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Accounting Technician/Accounts Assistant
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for assisting the preparation of Financial Statements and working directly with the Managing Partner in a familial practice setting.
- Will know how to prepare a full set of audit exempt financial statements, be up to date on all reporting regulations and standards.
- Will be fully conversant with double entry, audit exemption, parameters for micro, small, medium and large companies.
- Will be fully conversant with Income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax, capital acquisitions tax, payroll taxes and relevant contracts tax. Also, will be able to explain in simple terms how a transaction is affected by different taxes.
- Preparation of client VAT, VIES and VAT RTD returns and be fully conversant in VAT.
Key Requirements for this role:
- Can manage a varied workload to ensure the critical items are identified and dealt with in order of importance whilst also recognising the time required to finalise billable work
- A good working knowledge of accounting software, for example Thesaurus and Relate would be necessary
- Have experience with filing basic CRO returns and work to CRO deadlines
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Experience on ROS
- Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a problem solver
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A third level qualification, such as Accounting Technician or PT Qualified Accountant or equivalent
Add to Watchlist