Date Listed 18/07/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Role: Full Time accounting position, to assist with reviewing, analysing, preparation and inputting of financial information onto the accounting system.
Company: We are an established Footwear distribution company working with various footwear brands. We deal with and supply over 180 retailers in Ireland north and south and operate our own concessions in various locations around Dublin.
The successful candidate will:
· Be educated to Leaving Certificate standard and has completed at least year one of an accounting technician course.
· Previous experience within an accounts assistant role is required together with experience.
· Strong IT skills
· Experience using an accounting payroll package (Experience with Quick books and Sage Micro Pay is not essential but would be an advantage)
· Have a desire to further accounting career.
· Process invoices and purchase orders as part of a busy accounts function that deals with various business entities.
· Complete with weekly payroll process.
· Ensure invoices are processed accurately and on time, meeting tight deadlines. Cheque/EFT payments and receipts.
· Ensure payments are made to vendors when due.
· Credit control
· Petty Cash
· Establish and maintain good relationships with all clients.
· Adhere to period end processing and reporting schedules.
· Work directly with Finance Manager to prepare for Audit reviews, including preparation of reports required.
· Complete bank reconciliations.
· Ad hoc duties as the business requires.
Required Personal Attributes:
· Ability to deal with the pressures of meeting deadlines.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
· Attention to details and accuracy are essential.
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Strong Interpersonal skills – diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the Company and with clients.
· A flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities.
· Ability to use own initiative.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone early in their
career with a passion for accounts. If you have a can-do approach and are
results orientated, then this could be the job for you! Here, you won't just be
a small piece of a big machine; you will be a key and essential part of a high
Immediate interviews will be held for suitable candidates. This permanent position will offer a competitive salary and is an immediate start.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.