Business Planning & Performance Manager or Analyst
- Date Listed14/01/2020
I will shortly be seeking a new created role in my company for a business strategy person to look after planning, governance & performance management as our company completes its current strategy and enters a new strategic planning phase.
The position holds responsibility for designing and implementing improved governance, strategic and operational planning processes.
Whilst it is not a traditional financial role, someone with a background in finance and project management might suit. It will be a hands on role and I would be looking for someone who works on their own incentive.
The role will involve working closely with a senior manager and external consultants, and other stakeholders to review and impact evaluation of current the current strategy. Develop forward work programme, including a strategy workshop programme,
· Develop and manage support systems for committees.
· Work with management to establish documentation and communication processes so that staff and other stakeholders can understand and contribute effectively to strategic and operational planning.
· Use your knowledge and experience of how strategic and operational plans should successfully align to contribute to the development of a new strategic framework from 2021.
Design and implement improved processes for performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting against strategic and operational plans that enable my company to scrutinize, and provide evidence for, its impact and effectiveness; and ensure its strategic decision-making is informed by evidence.
· Produce and present regular performance reports and metrics including significant involvement in the production of the organisation’s Annual Review Report.
· Support the financial director in monitoring and reporting on the organisation’s Risk Register.
· To support or manage wider governance initiatives or projects, as required.
Technical knowledge and skills
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience).
· Experience in a similar cross-functional role.
· Experience of developing and managing the implementation of planning, performance and evaluation processes.
· Outstanding written and analytical skills, and experience of producing reports for senior audiences that combine data and written narratives to inform decision-making.
· Experience in providing training or coaching to others, especially in programme or project management.
· Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills, including the ability to work efficiently on numerous tasks simultaneously and to adapt to changing circumstances, often under time pressure.
· Attention to detail and a high standard of work presentation.
· Creative thinking and independent judgment.
Interpersonal and communication skills
· Outstanding communication skills both written and in person, with the ability to synthesize and explain complex information to a range of audiences.
· Ability to rapidly establish credibility, and maintain positive relationships, with people and teams from a range of functional, professional and cultural backgrounds, including those who are not familiar with planning processes and performance indicators.
· Excellent interpersonal skills: diplomacy, discretion, tact and persuasiveness, and the ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive way.
· Experience of financial and/or budget planning and project management.
Experience in presenting data in innovative ways.