Sous Chef at Lahinch Coast Hotel
- Date Listed03/06/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
An Exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef at the 4 star Lahinch Coast Hotel (formerly Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel) following a recent refurbishment on the hotel including The Aberdeen Bar & Restaurant and new Breakers Café.
The hotel is currently seeking to recruit an experienced and innovative Sous Chef to work closely with head chef in busy professional kitchen
This driven person will work closely with Head chef in being responsible for the Food and Beverage throughout the hotel. The Busy Aberdeen Bar and Restaurant has just completed new redesign. The person must be hard working, driven, and enthusiastic about food and lead by example in motivating kitchen team. .
- Work with Head Chef of the overall management of the kitchen operation
- Management of the food service department of the hotel on chefs days off
- Delivering the new food and service offering to high standards.
- Supervision the management of the kitchens/hotels HACCP system.
- Work hands on and lead and motivate the kitchen busy kitchen team.
- Working closely Head chef and GM on food planning for the hotel.
- Assisting in ordering and management of stock rotation and planning
- Staff Training & Development
- Menu Development/Design
- Working as an active chef within the hotels busy kitchen.
- Ensuring the highest standards are achieved within the department.
- Working with Head chef in management of Stock Takes and Ordering
- Must have previous experience as a Sous chef or Junior Sous Chef working within busy properties.
- Must be fluent in the English Language both written and spoken.
- Must be HACCP Trained
- Must have strong people management & communication skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with members of the hotels management team on various in-house food related projects.