- Date Listed09/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeTemporary
The HATCH Rooms is looking to hire a Duty Manager for their brand new facility in Cork City centre.
The Duty Manager will provide front of house administrative and housekeeping operational support for day-to-day management and operation of the accommodation. This brand new facility is expected to be very busy over the summer months.
We require a lively, enthusiastic person who can cope under pressure to work in our busy property. S/he will manage and lead a team and will be involved in a wide range of operational duties associated with a busy and dynamic hospitality environment.
Key functions of the post will include:
- The capacity to deliver a highly flexible, responsive and effective service to guests;
- Management of both front of house and housekeeping teams;
- Operation of key hospitality software packages.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience providing operational & administrative support in a hotel, accommodation or comparable hospitality environment;
- Experience managing personnel, both staff and contractors;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work on own initiative as a Manager and as part of a small team;
- Discretion in handling confidential information;
- Excellent IT Skills including familiarity with accommodation/hospitality, reporting and accounting systems;
- Ability to adapt to change and work in an evolving dynamic environment;
- A flexible approach to working hours, particularly in response to emergencies.
This is a full time temporary position for the summer period- commencing in mid May until August. Only those available for this period in full should apply.
Competitive salary available.