Restaurant Duty Manager
- Date Listed09/11/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
At Amicus Restaurant, we are recruiting for a Duty Manager to join our great team in our restaurant. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in the Hospitality industry
As Restaurant Manager
We want you to be part of a great and diverse team working together to provide great hospitality and products to our customers in the restaurant. We set high standards for ourselves so that we can surprise and delight our customers and deliver a great experience.
What we want you to have-
• Management experience at least 2/3 years or be a strong Restaurant team member looking to take on additional responsibility
• Great communication skills so you can chat to our customers and of course the team
• Flexiblility – to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends as well as mornings, or evenings.
• The ability to recognise what our customers want and need and be able to provide it
• Good people skills – to work well in a team
• Have a genuine interest in providing hospitality to our customers
• Confidence with systems and taking payments
• To be able to work well under pressure at times and multi task in a fast paced environment
• Ensure prompt resolution of customer complaints
The job -
• To supervise the activities of the restaurant staff, ensuring they are aware of their responsibilities and performing duties to a high standard
• To be familiar with the days business, restaurant bookings so that you can prepare the team, and be ready for action
• To serve food and drinks and give excellent customer service, being a role model to the team demonstrating great hospitality
• To have a visible presence within the Restaurant to ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and to keep all areas clean and tidy at all times
• To deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times
• Training and motivating Team members.
• Ensuring all cash, float and till procedures are carried out correctly.
We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of customer service and the utmost attention to detail.
We look forward to working with you!!
The main purpose of this role is to lead excellent shifts in the restaurant. You’ll do this through leading by example, ensuring that customers experience a distinctive, friendly and knowledgeable team that complements the high quality of food service. You’ll be responsible for opening and closing the restaurant. Motivating, managing and supporting your team and handling any issues that arise in a friendly, decisive manner.
The right person for this role will have proven experience in busy waiting/supervisory roles within restaurants known for their high quality and consistently high levels of customer service. Experience of leading and motivating teams is essential, as is the ability to deal with issues on shift in a calm, positive, friendly manner. Will need to be passionate about great good food with a dedication to providing consistently excellent service. A key to being good at this job will be the ability to help the team around you enjoy what they’re doing and shine in their role.