Pastry Chef/ Baker required
- Date Listed11/04/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Family owned fast growing company looking to hire Pastry Chef / Baker for production bakery which is based in Tallaght , Dublin 24
We are looking for a Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, baking scones and pastries from scratch ,preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, pastries, traybakes, scones, logs, gateaux ...
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies
- Decorate cakes
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Experience as a Baker,Pastry Chef or similar role
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts