RECEPTIONISTS REQUIRED FOR IMMEDIATE START - HOTEL SOUTH DUBLIN AND CITY CENTRE
- Date Listed24/11/2021
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
RECEPTIONISTS REQUIRED FOR SOUTH DUBLIN BASED HOTEL AND CITY CENTRE
Description of Role:
We are now inviting applications for the role of Hotel Receptionist to join our busy Front Desk team. Flexible hours are available for experienced candidates.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in working at the Hotel Front Desk.
- A commitment to offering exceptional service and standards.
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and on own initiative essential.
- Well-groomed and presenting a professional appearance to all of our guests.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet the guests on arrival and at all times in warm, welcoming and friendly manner.
- Check in/out guests effectively ensuring all details are correct.
- Carry out tasks effectively using computerized system.
- Ensure that any additional requirements (upselling) for guests are offered i.e. dinner reservations, porter etc.
- Ensure that all charges are posted correctly onto room bills.
- Take reservations and respond to guests quickly.
- Answer switchboard in a warm and welcoming manner and effectively transfer calls to correct extensions.
- Correctly take messages for guests/staff ensuring that date, time, message, to/from and initials are noted.
- Ensure that relevant people receive any messages immediately.
- Dealing with any guest requests/queries in a polite and pleasant manner, reporting any problems to the Duty Manager.
- Balancing reception cash at end of each shift.
- Ensuring that departmental floats are signed in/out.
- The sensible allocation of rooms to customers having viewed all relevant guest requests.
- Handling safe deposit for guests.
- Maximizing all sales opportunities at the desk.
- Dealing with foreign exchange for customers.
- Ensure that all monies are kept secure at all times.
- Be aware and comply with company policy regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, and Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- Assist the Front Office Manager and Reception *Supervisor in ensuring the smooth running of the front desk.
Must have experience with Opera Software System
If this sounds like the Job for you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Team will be in touch.