Server / Bartender
- Date Listed14/09/2021
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypePart-Time
Experienced Server needed for a High Profile location in South Dublin. Must be ambitious and hungry to contribute to the success of this Restaurant. Ability to work under pressure and a team player imperative. Modern European/Irish cuisine knowledge a must and English speaking.
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you're there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean and hygienic service areas. Especially now with Covid-19 protocols.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist the bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to communicate and understand the English language clearly and fluently.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently.
- Must be able to work in the European Union.