Shipping Clerk/Office Administrator
Date Listed 30/08/2017
- Plan the most effective daily transport and delivery schedules.
- Process orders received via telephone, email, fax, face-to-face or via Sales Team.
- Prepare Delivery Dockets, and schedule and allocate drivers to deliveries.
- Ensure all customer orders are delivered within agreed time-frame.
- Maintain daily Shipping Records.
- Prepare and maintain all relevant paper-work for payment transactions.
- Manage cash payments for deliveries from drivers and prepare reports of cash and charge sales.
- Post transactions to customer accounts.
- Ensure on-going effective communication with drivers, customers, production and sales.
- Understand and achieve specific targets regarding utilisation of trucks, costs and empty journeys.
- Responsible for the delivery of the right quality (in consultation with Technical team) and quantity of material to customer.
- Manage instructions to drivers with regards to their working hours, breaks and rest periods.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a busy Despatch Office.
- Excellent working knowledge of shipping systems.
- Knowledge of Transport Regulations in Ireland.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent numeric, written and verbal communication skills.
- Supply Chain/Logistics experience within manufacturing would be beneficial
- A team player with flexibility.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time-keeper.
- Ideally available immediately.
Add to Watchlist