Date Listed 30/05/2017
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
Working as part of the boning and/or trimming team in the factory, produce of cuts and trims of meat to specification and at line speed. Undertake all duties as directed by their manager/supervisor. This role will involve working to challenging production targets and therefore can be stressful. The role will be based in in cold/chilled areas of the factory.
- Trim and bone, as directed by their supervisor, to customer specification and at line speed.
- Lift weights of at least 15kgs, stand for 4+ hours and be able to move around the factory floor without assistance.
- Be familiar with the daily production plan and work as part of the team to set up the line, complete checks and ensuring materials are ready to use. Perform all pre start, hygiene and safety checks as directed.
- Report all breakages, damages or defaults of equipment to the Line Supervisor, ensuring all equipment/machinery is only used when it is safe to use. Record checks as and when directed.
- Ensure that the product is of the highest standard and report any issues to the Line supervisor immediately.
- Co-operate with all company training, asking questions and ensuring they feel satisfied in relation to all aspects of the area and role they are working in.
- Reporting any accidents or near misses is expected and assistance with any investigation is a prerequisite of the Company’s safety policy.
- Participate fully in Lean Manufacturing processes and embrace new methods of working.
- Other duties will be part of the role from time to time – this will be specified by your direct line Supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- KPI’s are dependent on area working in, all employees are expected to be aware of the KPI’s for the area they are in and work towards them accordingly. See bonus levels for further information on trimming/boning KPI rates.
- All employees must comply with all safety policies and procedure. Manual handling is a key part of the site and all employees must use correct lifting techniques.
- Health & Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Employees must act in a responsible manner following all safety regulations; safe work practices, SOP’s, TBRA’s and never risking one’s own safety. Employees must ensure PPE is worn at all times and to advise those not complying with the PPE policies to comply.
Skills / Experience:
- Previous boning/trimming experience is essential
- Previous experience working in a high volume meat processing factory highly beneficial
- This role may involve standing for 4+ hours at one time, significant walking each shift and lifting weights of at least 15kgs on a regular basis. This role will be based in a cold environment (4 degrees or lower) for extended periods of time.
- Each employee must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service. Able to work in a cold environment for up to 8 hours per day.
- Each candidate must be of good character. Employment of the successful candidate shall be subject to satisfactory confidential reports.
- Team Player
- A ‘can do’ ‘will do’ attitude
- Health and safety conscious, and aware of all policies, at all times
- Ability to take instruction but also ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to learn the job and to make practical suggestions on the improvement of the job to your Line Supervisor
- Able to understand and communicate clearly with colleagues and supervisors. Able to read and understand all policies.
To apply for this position please forward your current CV to: