Chef De partie / Commies Chef
- Date Listed29/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
We are looking for an experienced Chef de Partie to join our dynamic team Bonnington Dublin Hotel, D9
Reporting to the Head Chef and working within the Kitchen team, Applicants will be able to provide guests with food of a high standard
of preparation and presentation
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- To ensure that both restaurant and bar food preparation and food offering are delivered consistently to the highest standards set
- To assist in the implementation and management of HACCP, driving improvements at every opportunity
- To assist the Head Chef with the overall running of the kitchen and all back of house areas including the staff canteen
- To assist in the Training and Development of the kitchen team, leading by example at all times
- To assist in developing the food offering, with special focus on local Irish produce and fresh local produce.
- To take direction from your department managers and to assist in the monitoring of food quality & hygiene standards
- To ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion and as instructed by the Head Chef
- To ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared to the approved standards of presentation
- To adhere to HACCP procedures at all times
- To ensure that all kitchen staff observe appropriate systems of hygiene during food preparation & storage
- To work in accordance with health & safety legislations and to report any faults to equipment to the manger/supervisor
- To be familiar with and have knowledge of the hotels daily business
- Keeping up to date with all food safety legislation e.g allergen information requirements, assisting the Head Chef to implement all
- To assist in the achievement of gross profit, ensuring minimum wastage, with a focus on quality
- The ideal candidate must be a team player, be efficient and have a proven ability to work under pressure.
He/She will be brand conscious and have excellent attention to detail.
Successful applicants must have:-
- A minimum of 2 years previous Chef experience in a similar environment at a minimum of Chef De Partie level.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Recognised chef qualifications
- Good working knowledge of HACCP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €27,000.00 to €31,000.00 /year