Date Listed 25/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Commis Chef, Monaghan
KSG is a pioneering restaurant solutions provider and is a 100% Irish owned and controlled company. Since 2008 we have experienced rapid growth in excess of 75% and have ambitious plans for the future. We want to continue as the fastest growing contract restaurant and hospitality service provider in Ireland and we would like you to be a part of that.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commis Chef to join our team in our at work site based in Roosky, Co. Monaghan.
We are looking for someone who wants to develop their career and progress their own learning and can work on their on initiative. We believe in supporting home grown talent and provide an opportunity to achieve a City & Guilds Accreditation for employees who have the ambition and potential to build on their skills.
- To assist in the preparation of food according to recipes, menus and cooking standards.
- To assist in the set up and organisation of the assigned workstation.
- To contribute to the best of your ability to the production of food items and menu planning
- To ensure all dishes are prepared in an efficient and timely fashion and to the appropriate standard
- To operate in a safe and responsible manner with recognised techniques and working to HACCP procedures and company policies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position and have the ability to work well in a busy environment
- Have a professional appearance & work attitude and hold a valid Work Permit.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen environment & passion for flavour and food
- Self-starter with an excellent knowledge of and commitment to food hygiene best practices
- Team player with a hands on approach who is flexible and adaptable
- Candidates must be available for early morning shifts Monday to Friday
- Excellent oral and written English is necessary for this role
Whats in it for you?
- Be part of an exciting, fun team
- Flexible working hours
- An annual Christmas party for all our staff :)
- Be part of our fun Charity events
- A chance to build a career in a growing industry with a company that invests in its employee’s development
This is a great opportunity for a chef to gain experience working as part of a highly qualified team producing high quality food on a daily basis. To apply now, please forward your CV to Flemings@ksg.ie