Junior Sous Chef required for 4* South Dublin Hotel
Date Listed 04/04/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
A South Dublin Institution established in 1828: the Royal Marine Hotel is situated in an elevated site set in four acres of beautifully landscaped gardens overlooking Dublin Bay. The ‘new look’ 4* Star Deluxe Hotel offers guests a host of services.
The Team at the Royal Marine is exciting, extremely dynamic and always working at developing a continuously growing business and a vibrant Hotel.
The Position - Junior Sous Chef
The role of Junior Sous Chef is viewed as a key role to the success of the smooth running of the kitchen operation, and assists the Head Chef in contributing to the overall success of the Company.
To assist chefs in preparing, producing and serving food. To provide an effective service in all food outlets for external and internal customers.
Skills & Attributes
- Professional and talented Chef with a natural flare for excellent food quality
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate, direct, train and develop the team around him/her, whilst striving to improve the food product and standard of service.
The job role includes working closely with the Head Chef on the following:
- Managing food preparation for all food and beverage outlets
- Prepare, supervise and cook on assigned work station
- Oversee food production by Commis chefs and demi chefs in the kitchen
- Assist Sous Chef with menu planning, stock control and costing
- Ensuring awareness of HACCP standards.
- Managing food costs in line with budget.
- Forecasting and managing kitchen payroll on a weekly basis.
- Implementing effective cost controls without compromising standards of service.
- Developing new menus as required.
- Food ordering on a daily basis as required.
Minimum 1 years experience required in a similar role
The Royal Marine Hotel is an equal opportunities employer.
We value and thank you for your enquiry. We are committed to an honest appraisal, therefore if we have not contacted you within 5 days of your application we have determined that your experience and skills do not match the very specific criteria required.