- Date Listed14/01/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
The Bonnington Dublin Hotel and McGettigan’s Bar are recruiting for a Sous Chef to join our culinary team. The ideal candidate will love all things food and want to be part of a kitchen team that works together to plate up tasty, fresh, good looking dishes for our customers and clients.
· To work with the management team, head chef, fellow chefs and all staff in general.
· To fully co-operate and support the head chef in all his endeavours.
· To assist the head chef in the smooth running of all aspects of the kitchen.
· Ensure the kitchen is run to the same high standards while in your charge, as it is when the head chef is directly and personally in charge.
· Maintaining and improving the food gross profit margin, as outlined by the head chef with regard to but not limited to portion control, product rotation, product handling.
· Kitchen hygiene and HACCP systems, to be maintained to the standards of which are to satisfy and exceed the health board requirements.
· To ensure that all kitchen staff are trained in hygiene awareness commensurate with their work responsibilities and that they perform accordingly.
· To ensure the timely service of quality food prepared to recipes from an organised prep list detailing the person responsible for the preparation of each item. Preparation of menu creation
· Performing accurate stock takes, usually taken at the end or beginning of each month and as the need may arise.
· Assisting in kitchen staff recruitment, screening, interviewing, hiring with the head chef / HR manager approval.
· Maintain acceptable labour wages to gross profit margin as outlined by the head chef/HR manager, and to take the initiative with regard to tightening labour costs at every opportunity.
· Reporting directly to the Head Chef and to attend management meetings if required.
· To contribute and to promote teamwork, and a positive working environment within the kitchen and to follow the instructions of the head chef.
· Banqueting Experience
· The running and operational of multiple food outlets.
· 5+ years’ experience in Hotels, Restaurants and Bars.
· Excellent command of English language
· Certified in HACCP
· Highly organised
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Capable of running their own section
· Excellent Team Player
· Must have experience with using a Josper Grill
· Create and present a range of International Cuisine
In Return we Offer:
· Competitive Salary of up to €36,000+
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Car Parking
· Meals while on duty
· Employee recognition awards
· Staff social events
· Full Hotel Induction
Restaurant kitchen, New Restaurant Openings, Food Management, Menu planning, Menu Costing, Culinary Skills, Food Prep, Food hygiene, International Cuisine