Pastry Sous Chef - 34k with Accommodation
Date Listed 24/07/2017
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
We are currently looking for an experienced Sous Pastry Chef, in an award-winning 2AA Rosette Hotel. Located in the North midlands, there is an option of provided accommodation.
Pastry Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Posses professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills.
Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in pastry cooking or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Please forward your current CV for consideration and one of the team will get back to you. If you have any queries please feel free to contact us directly at 012833500.
At Top Staff Hospitality Recruitment, we are always interested in hearing from hospitality professionals who are looking for the next step in their career, working in Ireland & UK. If the position you are interested in is not listed above, we would still love to hear from you. We currently have opportunities available for Deputy General Manager; Operations Manager; Food and Beverage Manager; Restaurant Manager; Front Office Manager; Sales Manager; Sales Executive; Head Chef; Sous Chef; Revenue Manager and more. We are confident that we will be able to find the next best fit position in working towards fulfilling your career ambitions