Caretaker/cleaner required in Swords Pavillion (Monday - Friday)
Date Listed 13/05/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Cleaner/caretaker required in swords pavilion.
Rate is €10.40p/h.
Monday - Thursday 03:30-12:00 (8 hours per pay, 30min break) Please not this is early morning start.
Must be very reliable and punctual with previous cleaning experience.
Experience using scrubber dryers and similar machinery is a distinct advantage. (please state experience of this on your application)
Main duties and responsibilities
- Vacuum carpeted areas of the building where needed
- Mop and buff vinyl and /or hard floor areas of the building where needed
- Clean toilet areas of the building
- Polish glass and brass work in the building where needed
- Collect and remove rubbish and waste material to authorised disposal points
- Take responsibility for the safe use of all cleaning materials and equipment used in the course of your duties
- To work in a safe manner for the benefit of oneself and other occupants of the building
- Display appropriate signage to ensure that occupants of the building are aware on any circumstances that may affect their health and safety whilst cleaning operations are taking place
- Report defects, deficiencies or health and safety related issues to the supervisor with minimum delay
- Undertake job related training as and when required
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may be reasonably required
- Be able to work as part of a cleaning team
- Show commitment to excellence, assume responsibility,
- Act responsibly to the natural environment and society,
The successful candidate must also hold:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand safe working practices and health and safety
- Ability to work on his/her own
- Well-organised and capable of prioritising own work
- Flexible, Honest and reliable
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Work Record
- Previous experience as working as a cleaner is desirable
- Experience in the use of cleaning equipment is desirable
- Basic health and safety knowledge
- Willing to cover unexpected shifts at short notice
- Flexible approach to working as part of a team.
Please attach your CV with your application.
Your address must be clearly stated on your CV.