Cold Store Warehouse Supervisor
Date Listed 21/09/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Cold store warehouse supervisor
We are currently looking to recruit for a number of permanent positions based in Dublin 2 – Full time permanent 40 hours per week
This role will involve working in a cold environment (4 degrees or lower) for extended periods of time.
The role will involve in working for extended periods of time in cold/chilled areas.
Successful candidate will need to be competent in the following areas;
- people management
- X-Ray operation
- Manual Handling
- Reach truck
- Potentially Counterbalance training
- Updating digital systems:
- Print documentation
- Receive stock
- Use stock system
- Carry out rework
- Case processing
- Stock control
- Report all breakages, damages or defaults of equipment to the Line Supervisor, ensuring all machinery is only used when it is safe to use. Record checks as and when directed.
- Co-operate with all company training, asking questions and ensuring they feel satisfied in relation to all aspects of the area and role they are working in.
- Reporting any accidents or near misses is expected and assistance with any investigation is a prerequisite of the Company’s safety policy.
- Other duties will be part of the role from time to time – this will be specified by your direct line Supervisor.
- Previous warehouse experience will be an advantage but on job training is provided
- Previous people management experience essential
- This role may involve standing for 4+ hours at one time, significant walking each shift and lifting weights of at least 15kgs on a regular basis.
- Each employee must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service
Start time 11am finish time 12pm
Contract will be 4/7 days rotated (TBC)
Supervisor role rate will be confirmed
Permanent contract with a 6 month probationary period ( only on successful completion of probation will a permanent position be confirmed )
Ideally would like the skill level on attached but will take general ops as we plan to have them started on the 1st of September where they will spend 4 weeks on various sites being trained before they go to their own site at Dublin port (expenses for travel and accommodation while training will be covered