HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE GDRP? IF NOT, YOU NEED TO KNOW
Date Listed 22/06/2017
The GDRP. Many don’t know what it means. Most don’t know what it will do. Most don’t realise it will affect their businesses.
If you manage personal data of any kind you must comply with this new legislation which comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
It sounds like a lot of time, doesn’t it? But it isn’t. The changes in EU-wide Data Protection laws are vast – and onerous. Did you know?...
· You must obtain CONSENT from consumers when storing or using their personal data? This consent can no longer be obtained with a tick-box or assumed consent. You must pro-actively, and transparently, obtain it.
· Consumers can demand access to their data at any time – and you must provide access within a very short timeframe.
· Consumers can demand that their data is fully erased. You must erase ALL INSTANCES of that data, anywhere and everywhere you store it.
· You must contact the Data Protection authorities within 72 hours in the event of a data breach.
· You must be able to transfer data to another organisation or business in an easy to access format (such as CSV) when demanded to do so by a consumer.
· If you don’t comply, the penalties can be significant.
These are only some of the new requirements your business must adhere to. To help, DB Computer Solutions has prepared useful information on how your business can prepare. I hope you read it soon. There’s much to do. A year, as it turns out, will seem very short indeed. Read on...
GDPR is coming
If your business manages personal data you will be affected
Prepare by finding out how with
DB Computer Solutions
New EU-wide data protection is on its way. The GDPR (General Data Protection Legislation) will impact significantly on the way you elicit data from customers, hold that data, and delete it – and those are only some of the many changes. The onus is on you and your company to prepare now.
· You must conform to new regulations by 25 May 2018.
· It sounds like a lot of time. But it isn’t because the rules are onerous.
· If you fail to conform you could be subject to immense fines and legal action – up to € Millions in unnecessary exposure unless you start to prepare now.
We’ve put together information to help your company comply with these changes. Find out more now with this comprehensive explanation.
Or contact DB Computer Solutions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 061 480 980.
Do it now before it’s too late.
For more information visit: - http://www.dbcomp.ie
Contact Person: Ian Cumiskey
Business Name: DB Computer Solutions Ltd
Business Phone: +353 (61) 480 980
Business Fax: +353 (61) 305 177
Business Address: Limerick Business Complex, Raheen Industrial Estate, Raheen, Limerick, Ireland.