System Administrator – Kerry
Date Listed 23/05/2017
Job Type Full-Time
Red Chair Recruitment are presently recruiting for a talented System Administrator to join a highly skilled and informative team based in Kerry.
- Maintain the integrity and security of our PCI accredited network.
- Troubleshoot network and server issues.
- Participate in detailed technical IT project work with existing and new business.
- Recommend and implement new technologies including cloud computing efforts.
- Take ownership of FMS Computing Network as part of a team.
- Recommend and apply best practices in an enterprise network stack
- Communicate and document project specifications, systems, processes, procedures, etc.
- Monitor and respond to production application issues
- Participate in capacity planning and root cause determination for faults
- Troubleshooting problems and performing preventative maintenance on a variety of hardware, software and network components and systems.
- Support the production, test and staging FMS computing infrastructure.
- Monitor and test systems for security vulnerabilities and address any issues found via patching, upgrades etc.
- Recommend technical solutions to internal and external customers in project mode with influence on design of final solutions.
- Proactively assist in FMS maintaining its various compliance programs both internal and external, e.g. PCI DSS, ISAE 3402 etc.
- Develop standards and recipes for our IT automation and configuration management system
- Maintain and support non-processing systems such as systems monitoring and log aggregation platform.
- Manage our externally hosted components with our hosting partners.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Possess third level degree within relevant IT or business related function (operational experience in the areas stated above will be considered),
- Previous experience in a similar role desirable
- Working Knowledge of the following:
- Linux (Redhat or CentOS preferred), Solaris, Oracle, MySQL & Postgres,
- Scripting and Enterprise Job Scheduling familiarity a requirement.
- Experience of Computing provisioning and automation systems such as Puppet or Chef
- Load balancing of various protocols and shell/python programming expertise.
- Good knowledge of running Java applications in an enterprise production environment.
- Deep knowledge of building secure systems including encryption of both data in transit and at rest. Previous experience and knowledge of compliance standards such as PCI and ISAE desirable.
- Strong communication skills with frequent engagement with internal and external teams. Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interface into projects as the System Administrator contact and to critically assess technical solutions with an emphasis on security of same.
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good team player with ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and remain focused in a busy and dynamic environment
- Willingness to continuously learn and evolve
- Willingness to contribute to design of evolving network especially with regard to cloud computing and computing orchestration.
We Get People
If you are interested in this position and you feel that you have the right qualifications and requirements please email your up to date CV to the address provided