- Date Listed14/02/2020
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking an Electrical Estimator based in Cork on behalf of well-established growing company who have successfully completed Commercial projects across Ireland.
The company is looking for a highly competent, well connected and skilled Estimator, The ideal candidate will be the sole estimating/bid manager for the company, and they will have the flexibility to operate the current estimating system within the company or create their own, to help grow the business. The ideal candidate will be working alongside the managing director of the company to plan the growth of the company on into the future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Based in the Cork Office, the successful candidate will be involved with and responsible for tendering for all for the companies construction projects.
- Preparing and collating accurate, detailed and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, Bills of Quantities, and other information to secure profitable work orders.
- Sourcing subcontractor and supplier quotations, direct labour costings, analysing of information for ambiguity, risk, and qualification and seeking clarification where necessary.
- Pricing tender opportunities by implementing estimating strategies.
- Review Electrical drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costings for the works.
- Assessment of tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included
- Analyse of subcontractors’ and direct labour analysis
- Coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing
- Manage the production of cost information and tender submissions for senior management.
- Maintaining the accuracy of cost planning and estimating
- Candidates should have at least 3-5 years’ experience in an estimating role together with third level qualifications in related M&E/construction discipline.
- Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. Experience of leading a team is desirable. Be a strong team player, as well as work on their own initiative.
- Desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required. Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems is essential.
For more information or to discuss the role apply below or contact Ciaran at email@example.com
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.