Fulltime Pipefitter Opening
Date Listed 13/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Employer: Hayes Mechanical & Engineering
Hayes Mechanical & Engineering specialises in the installation of mechanical services, prefabricaiton and installing pipework and structural steel.
We offer career development opportunities, work-life balance and best of all, we are a great bunch of people of work with!
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Pipefitter to join our team.
- Plan, layout, install, test and repair all size of stainless steel and carbon pipes in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industrial standards
- Must be able to read and understand plans and specifications, including isometric drawings.
- The ability to visualise 2-dimension drawings in 3-dimensions
- Follow established job site safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimise hazards
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to fit and install all types of pipe
- Cut or drill holes in walls to permit passage of pipes. Select specified type and size of pipes. Mount pip[e hangers and brackets on walls and ceilings to hold pipes. Install valves, couplings and other fittings. Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipes and lift, position and secure materials and work pieces during installation
- Utilises all pipe fitting techniques and methods for different types of piping systems and pipe couplings including butt welded, socket welded, threaded, Victaulic, grooved, glued and fused joints.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards
- Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervisor.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication skills
- Comprehension of documents sch as safety statements, operating/maintenance instructions and procedural documents
- The ability to understand information, ideas, direction and then being able to perform the task discussed.
- Must have working knowledge of pipe fitting techniques and methods
- Must be able to work with carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, Polypropylene, copper and various high pressure temperature alloys.
- Must be proficient in the use of bevelers, threaders and other end prep machines
- The ability to read Isometric drawings is essential
Add to Watchlist