General Operative/Warehouse Operative
- Date Listed13/02/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeContract
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, the General Operative will be responsible for the upkeep and organisation of the yard and warehouse area. Working effectively as part of a team in which you'll make sure our customers can rely on a timely, friendly and dependable service.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous General operative experience is required
- Valid Fork-lift Licence essential
- Valid Manual Handling Certificate
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience in a busy builders providers an advantage
- Experience with Insulation products
- Receive and check off deliveries to the warehouse, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure that the warehouse/store is kept tidy at all times, that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times.
- Ensure that the forklift is used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for picking, packing and loading of company vehicles.
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Branch employees
- Yard Supervisor
- Branch Manager
- Regional Director
- Sales Representative
- Customers & Suppliers