Instrument Technician - Cork
Date Listed 06/07/2017
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Contract
Oradeo Recruitment currently have a vacancy for a Trade Qualified Instrument Technician to work for one of Ireland’s leading M&E contractors on Contract in Cork. The position may turn into a permanent position.
The Instrument Technician will be responsible for installing and commissioning the measuring and control devices used in industrial, pharmaceutical and commercial processing. The Instrument technician will work with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer devices used to measure and control pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force, and chemical composition. This particular role is a maintenance position within a pharmaceutical company in the Cork region.Duties:
- Consult manufacturers’ manuals to determine test and maintenance procedures
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults
- Consult with and advise process operators
- Carry out risk assessments
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Work with engineers on basic design
- Install and maintain instruments on new plant equipment and process equipment
- Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practice
- Further develop system architecture (Cabling)
- Maintain and log all changes
- Cold and hot loop checking
- Calibration of instruments
- Bench check
- Receipt verification, in and out
- Read and redline system P&ID’s
- Undertake regular meetings with the supply chain to maintain progress & to ensure resources are matched to the construction programme
- To liase with the project manager & prepare the project close out report.
- Review with the project manager the allocation of resources & to review progress.
- Review & ensure that the site based personnel have the correct training & valid certification for the project.
- Motivate the E&I team on site.
- Develop a strong & maintain an excellent working relationship from the start to the completion of the project.
- Ensuring that technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements & all aspects relating to Health & Safety.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover of all instrumentation.
- Monitor & record progress on site against the construction programme.
- Level 6 qualification time served tech.
- Pharmaceutical experience would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of the Instrumentation role Detailed knowledge of Electrical Instrumentation Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
- Knowledge of the team- their strengths and their weaknesses