Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Date Listed 25/05/2018
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for a Major housing developer in Cork.
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Required
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) will be responsible for directly liaising with and assisting the Senior QS on site to ensure the successful completion of projects. The QS will be heavily involved in; budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various site meetings. As a member of the Quantity Surveying Team you will be provided with the opportunity to gain more knowledge of all Quantity Surveying duties and a high level of experience under the guidance of the Senior QS. In addition the Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for liaising with the Senior QS in the day to day operational oversight of the key business areas including, responsibility for liaising with and promoting cooperation with other functions.
- Liaising and reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to Sub-Contractors.
- Working with the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of final account at the end of the project.
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Cost monitoring and reporting using Construction Computer Software.
- Reviewing Tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Purchasing and monitoring Sub-Contractors packages on site.
- Handling Sub-Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
- Processing fortnightly/monthly Sub-Contractor payment certificates.
- Compiling variations and the variation log.
- Diploma / Degree in Quantity Surveying;
- Preferably 3-5 years Quantity Surveying experience;
- Quantity surveyor (Housing) experience preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills;
- Market leading salary and excellent Package provided