- Date Listed10/05/2019
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
The job involves both routine and preventative maintenance on one of the most advanced sawmills in Europe. The mill currently operates a very favourable weekday and Saturday morning shift pattern.
The purpose of the maintenance fitter role is to maximise uptime plant through the execution breakdown, preventative and predictive maintenance. The job requires an adaptable and flexible person to repair complex and heavy plant in a safe and efficient manner and then to ensure the repairs are permanent through improving the engineering and/or the maintenance associated with the plant.
- Complete process improvements, preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance as may be assigned by the engineering manager or by the production managers or supervisors.
- Effect repairs to stopped or underperforming plant in a safe and timely manner. The maintenance fitter must be adaptable and flexible to complete such repairs taking into account the age of certain sections of the plant and the availability of spare parts.
- Maintenance must be carried out on:
- Motors and gearboxes from fractional horsepower to up to 125kW.
- Chain drives and chains transporting anything from a few boards to several tonnes of logs.
- Hydraulic systems, including servo driven hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Mobile plant including log handles and fork trucks
- Boilers and drying kilns, including low pressure hot water systems
- Manufacture or adapt spare parts to include:
- Milling and turning
- Arc and MIG welding
- Cutting and burning
- Apprenticeship programme of 4 years duration in Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting (MAMF) and have been awarded a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft. Similar qualifications in Construction Plant Fitting, Maintenance Fitter etc. under the current QQI system or the older Senior Trades system will be equally considered.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a heavy industry such as sawmilling, food and animal feed milling, construction, mining, quarrying, marine engineering etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate a range of skills and experiences including welding, fabrication, fitting, working to tight tolerance, working in all weathers, working with minimum supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate working as part of a multi-disciplinary team when production support was the primary objective.