Senior Contracts Manager - Residential
Date Listed 09/05/2018
Vacancy: Senior Contracts Manager - Residential
Salary: €90K - €100K + package
A leading Residential Developer is currently recruiting an experienced Contracts Manager. Reporting to the Construction Director, you will be responsible for managing and leading the onsite teams including direct employees and sub-contractors in the Cork region.
- Assist the relevant Director to appraise the project buildability, in conjunction with the Development Department and produce a Construction Programme.
- Attend Pre Planning; Pre Tender; and Pre Start Meetings, to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed, prior to commencement on site.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the Health & Safety Plan is fully developed, in accordance with the Health & Safety guidelines.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Procedures Manual is complied with at all times
- Interview Consultants, Sub Contractors and Suppliers, to ensure they are competent, prior to commencing work
- Liaise with Safety personnel to ensure that the required safety inspection reports are actioned
- Undertake detailed safety inspections with Site Managers during site visits
Management of the construction process
Issue the agreed Build Programme and Build Direction to Site Managers
- Review Site Managers’ Weekly Progress and Status Reports and liaise with other Department Heads to resolve any delays or issues identified
- Ensure Site Managers correctly plans and programmes his Sub Contractors and Materials Suppliers, to maintain the Build Programme.
- Ensure that a culture exists within the Site Construction Team, which guarantees that the required quality of the build process is achieved
- Liaise weekly with the Sales Team to review sales and production progress on a site by site basis
- Review Sub Contract and Materials Suppliers performance, reporting continual problems and defects to the Technical Department
- Manage the completion of developments, including ensuring all roads, sewers and public open space adoptions are carried out in a timely manner
Liaise with the Technical and Design Departments to consider cost effective construction processes at both the design and construction phases.
- Investigate exceptional cost excesses and take appropriate remedial action
- Liaise with Sub Contractors and Suppliers, in conjunction with the Technical & Commercial Departments, to reduce costs, whilst maintaining quality and customer satisfaction levels
- Review the Build Programme in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Department, to ensure work in progress levels are in line with established targets
- You hold a Degree/Higher Diploma in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- You have 15+ years’ residential construction experience
- You must have a background in high volume residential developments
- You will be experienced in managing multiple residential contracts
- You must possess knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- You will have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a methodical nature are required
- You must be a strong people manager, able to use initiative and be self-motivated