SR QS / Project Commercial Lead - Co. Dublin
Date Listed 11/04/2018
Vacancy: SR QS / Project Commercial Lead
Location: North County Dublin
Salary: €70,000 - €80,000 plus package (NEG. DOE)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen to work on a range of challenging utility projects with an extremely well established company in a growing sector. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the day to day tracking of the project financials, project cost control and monitoring as directed by the Sr Commercial Manager.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Managing all surveying duties associated within the assigned project
- Preparation and submission of quotations for out of scope works
- Providing advice to team members on contractual responsibilities to ensure no works completed outside agreed scope without an avenue to ensure recovery
- Cost Control on all aspects of work carried out by subcontractors and third-party suppliers
- Providing input and advice on cost saving proposals, including continuous monitoring of costs production outputs to ensure efficiency is maximised
- Analysing Supplier / Plant selection to ensure best value achieved across the project
- Update internal management system as appropriate
- Provide weekly and monthly cost and value reports accompanied by required analysis.
- Agree measures with Client & Subcontractors and process all required payment applications and certificates.
- Manage the recording of all additional items for submission to client.
- Attend client meetings as required and provide commercial support to the Project Director including agreement of quotations for out of scope works.
- Provide monthly reports for review/discussion by Senior Management.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on civil projects, experience of the utility sector desirable.
- Previous experience of Fibre network construction an advantage
- Ability to effectively interact with team members and senior management
- Client facing experience and ability to manage/minimise disputes.
- Process driven
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong commercial acumen
- Clean driving licence and own transport essential