Civil Quantity Surveyor - Co. Donegal
Date Listed 26/03/2018
Position: Civil Quantity Surveyor
Contract: Permanent, Full time
We are a highly successful and well established civil engineering company, working throughout Ireland. We are now looking to recruit Civil Quantity Surveyors to join their Donegal office in upcoming projects. Experience in working for a main contractor or developer is necessary.
- Managing of contracts and ensuring compliance;
- Administer the contract obligations and meet additional client requirements;
- Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with Contract Programme / Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress;
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs;
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts;
- Coordination of work effort;
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues;
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Methodical way of thinking;
- Good knowledge of construction;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Computer literate;
- Good financial and numeracy management skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills;
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines;
The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.