Continuous Improvement Manager - Co Meath (Food Production)
Date Listed 13/09/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
· Department Managers
· Quality Control personnel
· Internal Logistics
· Health and Safety Manager
Provide support to drive Continuous Improvements in operations and processes utilising the Business Excellence Tool Kit and LEAN best practices.
To work with the Operations Director & Factory Manager to ensure all activities are aligned with the overall continuous improvement aims for the site, understand and share best practice between factories and lines to give full effect of the improvement methods, lead by example to coach and motivate change activities and processes throughout the site.
A hands on role working with managers through to operators to drive the site efficiencies to meet the business needs
· Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness and change
· Assist our process team in manufacturing, ensuring an output of effective, consistent, repeatable product that is right first time, every time
· To head up the process CI initiatives at the sites, providing support to site based personnel to improve understanding.
· Ensure the process and plant requirements are properly detailed and essential deliverables are identified to deliver high quality repeatable products.
· To accurately scope out CI projects and provide a projection of revenue and cost forecasts with a 2 to 1 benefit.
· To develop trends and comparisons with regards to profitability of products targeting resolution of recipe & process issues.
· To liaise with Operations and analyse revenues, capacity utilisation, costs and profitability and provide analytical input and feedback for planning processes
· Support the roll-out of LEAN across the sites, ensuring compliance with documentation and quality standards
· Perform product risk assessments, operational feasibility and resolve technical issues / capabilities with new projects.
· To lead, train & monitor the performance of the CI initiatives to ensure targets are met.
· A recognised degree level qualification in a production related discipline, i.e. Production / Process / Engineering.
· Extensive experience in a food manufacturing environment in an operational or process role.
· Demonstrable track record of implementing new techniques and CI programmes at all levels of the manufacturing organization.
· Demonstrable track record of achieving process development with tangible evidence of improvements measurable by quality, efficiency, consistency and repeatability.
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean
· Solid experience of using Six Sigma and LEAN in a manufacturing environments.
· A drive to succeed, improve and challenge the status quo.
· Persuading others with the ability to not give up when faced with differing opinions
· Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills with regard to prioritisation, resource allocation and multi-tasking.
· Food Safety level 2 or above.
· Experience of confectionery; panned and coated products.
· Be able to develop relationships at all levels of work colleagues.
· Experience of project management, Prince 2.
If you think this is the role for you, please contact Brendan @083 8608688 or contact email@example.com