Freelance Site Engineer required for 3 Month Contract - South Dublin - Available ASAP
- Date Listed03/05/2019
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeContract
Site Engineer | Leading Civil Contractor | South Dublin | 3 Month Contract | RC Concrete
· Available Immediately
· Market Leading Civil Engineering Contractor with significant annual turnover
· 3 Month contract position based in South Dublin
· Large interesting projects with scope to take on more responsibility
Site Engineer - Outstanding opportunity to join a premier civil engineering company as a Site Engineer based in South Dublin on an initial 3 Month Contract with an immediate start. Leverage your existing experience on civil engineering projects and join an industry thoroughbred with a strong pipeline of projects.
As a member of the engineering team, coordination with your fellow colleagues you the Site Engineer will be able to take a more comprehensive role within the organisation. This will include getting involved in both site-based duties, operational delivery and commercial assurance to ensuring timely and profitable delivery.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
· Setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
· Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
· Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
· Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
· Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
· Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
· Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
· Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
· Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Necessary skills and requirements:
· 3rd level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
· 2 – 3 years minimum experience in RC concrete
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably within the Irish or UK market working for recognised Main Contractor or Specialist Subcontractor
· Ideally the Site Engineer will have developed experience on projects in excess of €15 million within the civil/infrastructure sectors
· Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process.
· Available to start immediately
For more information about this role Site Engineer position or other Site Engineer opportunities, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.