Health and Safety / EHS OFFICER (Dublin)
- Date Listed24/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Kppm are currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety / EHS OFFICER for our client
a busy Facilities Management company based in Dublin 15 who have a large portfolio of clients in both the Public and Private sector including Education, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Commercial businesses Hard Services including: Mechanical, Electrical, Process Services and BMS Systems. Keeping large scale buildings and business operational 24 / 07 / 365
As an employee of or client you will be highly valued as their people are the foundation of their continued growth across all client sectors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Coordinating works with the client, PSDP/PSCS and other trades on site.
· Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered to.
· Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
· Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
· Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
· Continue to develop the companies Behavioural Safety Policies and carry out training as required.
· Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
· Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
· Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
· Maintain the required SQE registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
· Prepare and deliver training courses, including training assessments.
· Representation at site meetings as may be required.
· Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
· Provide SQE advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
· Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
Person Specification / Requirements
Minim qualifications and experience: A recognised SHEQ qualification plus a minimum of 3/4 years SHEQ Officer experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
· Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Full, clean driving licence
· Flexibility in line with business requirements
· Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
For Further information or to apply
Please contact: Tom Doyle in strictest confidence, Phone: 086 8205038 Email: email@example.com