Health & Safety Officer (Construction exp. Essential)
Date Listed 09/05/2018
Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer (Construction exp. Essential)
Salary: NEG. Depending on experience
One of Ireland’s largest and most ambitious home developers with plans to develop 500 homes through-out Ireland every year for the next year 5-10 years.
We are currently seeking to recruit a construction experienced Health & Safety officer to be based in the Dublin area. The successful candidate will experienced in working within construction main contractors / home developers for at least 5yrs.
About the role:
- The Safety Officer will provide general support and assistance to the Senior Health & Safety Manager
- You will carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibliity
- You will carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register
- You'll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work
- You will have a third level degree qualification in Health and Safety
- You will 4+ years’ experience in a similar role, gained in Ireland
- You have some experience within the residential construction sector
- You have a strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice
- You must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), and a general competence in using new technologies (Mobile Apps etc)
- You must possess a full clean driving licence