HEALTH & SAFETY OFFICER
- Date Listed29/04/2019
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to join our Dublin-based team and work alongside one of Ireland’s largest and most progressive civil engineering companies.
The scope of the work undertaken varies in type and size from multi million euro projects to small and medium sized contracts covering all sectors of the industry.
As Health and Safety Officer you will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy and relevant statutory provisions. This is a full-time permanent position based in Dublin.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
· Implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures
· Identifying hazards and performing risk assessments
· Determining ways of reducing risks
· Providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
· Delivering health and safety induction programmes for new employees working on site
· Preparing Tool Box Talks etc
· Drawing up operational procedures and writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
· Inspecting sites to ensure that health and safety measures are met and maintained
· Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
· Preparing reports
· Ensuring that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated
In order to fill this position, ideally you will possess the following skills/ qualifications:
· Relevant third level qualification
· 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable
· Experience in the construction industry is desirable
· Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly in MS Excel
· Full driving licence
Excellent remuneration package available for the right candidate, dependent on experience.