HGV Mechanic Required
- Date Listed27/06/2020
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Experienced HGV Mechanic for a large company based in D22.
This is an exciting opportunity for a HGV Mechanic to work in a very busy company and would suit someone who has a huge passion for Mechanical Work.
Candidates should have previous experience of working outdoors and in busy sites. Applicants should also be reliable, flexible and prepared to work shift.
- Performing regular inspection of vehicles and carry out preventative maintenance.
- Adjust, repair and/or replace parts and components of transport systems
- Actively promote safe working practices
- Fabrication and repair of machines and equipment.
- Responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant.
- Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines.
- Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment, ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Respond to call outs as required in line with the remit of the post.
- Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose
- Installation of new machines and equipment
- Supporting production in process improvements
- Fault Finding, testing, and the removal or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts
- Effective Communication - keeping management and relevant parties aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- Documentation of work carried out.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a qualified mechanic/technician
- A full/clean category B driving licence as a min
- Good command of the English language
- Working experience in a related field
- Quality repair and preventative maintenance skills
- Able to work independently and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to operate safely in a workshop and on-site environment
- On-site parking