Industrial Electricians - Qualified
- Date Listed23/11/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeContract
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centers, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centers, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
We are looking for Industrial Electricians to work with us on a projects in Dublin and Kildare.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the initiative and skills to manage his/her workload to meet necessary deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prefabricate and install cable containment in line with layout designs and measurements
- Installed and terminate cable in the correct manner and in line with site standards
- Ensure that the works comply with site Quality standards and guidelines
- Comply with all safety requirements and instructions
- Ensure that correct PPE is worn at all time on site
- Keep the workplace tidy and free of excess materials
- Plan and execute works in the most productive manner
- Dispose of waste in the correct receptacles
- Comply with site instructions in regard to the preparation and execution of RAMS - SPA’s etcetera
- Hands-on experience with UTM Firewalls (FortiGate, Checkpoint) – routing, UTM policies, IPSec VPN setup
- Hands-on experience with Cisco devices (mostly switches)
- Experience maintaining VMware and Hyper-V infrastructures
- Fluency in using SCCM for deploying packages, installing updates deploying Windows using OSD
- Fluency in configuring and maintaining Windows Server services (DFS, DNS, AD DS, DHCP, NPS, ADFS, Printing)
- Experience with managed AV solution (ESET ERA)
- Knowledge of email flow (SFP, DMARC, NDR troubleshooting)
- Checkpoint or Fortinet Certs
- Ability to prioritise, excellent organisation and administrative ability
- Understanding of construction documentation an advantage
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.