You might be interested in these similar ads
Quantity Surveyor | All LevelsDublinIrish Fit-Out Contractor | €100m+ TurnoverExcellent remuneration package with generous benefits.Clear scope for career development throughout organisations commercial team.Exposure to prestigious projects. E.g. Commercial, Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, IndustrialWG Reach’s client is a prestigious market leading specialist contractor, with an annual turnover in ex ...
· Excellent rates available per hour/ per day on self-employed contractor basis. · Prestigious commercial construction projects · Long term contracts Company Brief: LERA are currently working on behalf of one of Ireland’s most progressive commercial construction companies in the search for a Project Quantity Surveyor. This company has one of the bes ...
The Role:Estimating & Cost Planning – reporting directly to Clients.Providing advice at meetings with Design Teams and Clients.Preparing Bills of Quantities.Compiling Pre- and Post-Contract Documentation.Preparing Cost Reports.Preparing Monthly Valuations.Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts.Review and Resolve Contractual Claims.Training and development of Junior Quantity Surveyors.Requirem ...
Ambitious and self-motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor required for a successful, well-established and expanding Project Management Practice based in Dublin.Your role as Senior Quantity Surveyor within the expanding Cost Management Team is to take on the responsibilities for works on some of the most prestigious projects across Ireland.You will carry out pre and post contract cost planning, includi ...
Pipe Rackers Oradeo Recruitment currently has vacancies for a number of Pipe Rackers for a Pharmaceutical project in Cork. The project is part of a number of similar works our client has on their portfolio so there is great prospect in continued work should the applicant be considered for this role. Duties & Responsibilities: · Read blueprints & other construction ...
Pricing variations and contract entitlement NegotiationSubcontract administrationResponsible for cost controlling mechanical installationsLiaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accountsActively work with Project Managers relating to contract variationsDealing with clients/engineers/contractorsIdentify areas of risk/scope and develop with the project teamManage and produce/ta ...
Kppm is looking to recruit an Instrument Design Engineer – Senior Level for our client who provide Project Management and Engineering Design Services to the Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sector.This position will be based in the company’s office in Dublin and is a permanent or contract position with opportunities for further promotion. Our client will help you to grow and develop your career to ...
Quantity Surveyor - Dublin
Date Listed 03/05/2018
Leading Specialist Engineering Contractor has a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a project based in Dublin.
- To be a team player and show a willingness to learn all aspects of mechanical and electrical quantity surveying roles and responsibilities
- To assist the Senior QS of the project with tasks as requested
- Takes ownership and responsibility for defined scope of work
- To be diligent and professional with all works & tasks undertaken
- Measuring from plan drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced detailed bills of quantities c/w labour hours and material costs
- Tracking costs and labour throughout the project
- Tracking the Project Hours Spent v’s Earned schedule
- Carry out full construction take off, prepare construction cost plan, track costs and labour efficiency throughout the project
- Present take off’s in a clear and coherent format while also understanding NRM2 requirements and procedures
- Providing timely and accurate CCS submissions each month
- Preparing timing and accuracy of submission of valuation and agreement of certification each month end
- Preparing timely and accurate assessments/payment certs/payless notices for sub-contractors each month (Understand payment conditions within the Construction Act)
- Producing timing and accurate cash flow submissions each month
- To ensure the final account is agreed within specific project timeline
- Ensuring the Company will not be exposed to launch 3rd party claims
- Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts and manage through to final account
- Professional Development
- Strives to get a comprehensive understanding of tasks assigned; why they are important and how they fit into the overall project
- To research into the RICS competencies and actively work towards development in these areas
- To be proactive in seeking guidance from the senior QS in areas of development
- To focus on continuous improvement by actively seeking out and requesting opportunities to work on tasks that will aid development e.g. tasks not previously completed or by shadowing the senior QS or other team members
- To request regular feedback from the senior QS regarding tasks completed
- To be proactive in seeking out a broad spectrum of CPD accredited courses not only QS specific which would broaden general knowledge in the industry e.g mechanical/electrical engineering, BISRA
- Completing the minimum recommended 5 days CPD each year
- BSc Hons, Diploma or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Building Services Engineering
- 4+ years relevant M&E experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Construction sector with M&E expertise
- Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
- Preferred experience will include both pre contract work e.g. feasibility, cost plans, cost estimating, tender documentation etc. through to post contract work to include contract administration, variations, valuations etc.