Safety Officer (Construction)
Date Listed 25/07/2018
Vacancy: Safety officer (Construction)
Salary: Competitive market rate
The company that requires a Safety officer is Irelands leading top tier main contractor that undertakes variety of projects.
The successful person:
The successful Safety officer will be experienced in working with main contractors undertaking industrial projects, including pharma. They will have at least 5 yrs consecutive experience while undertaking large projects with a value of at least €20million.
The project will include the expansion of an existing industrial building, including expanding the warehouse adding office facilities and expanding the plant area, adding a total of over 4,000 sq meters of additional facilities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general support and assistance to the Senior Health & Safety Officer.
- Carry out site safety inspections across the company.
- Carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Compiling registers of site safety inductions and training records for all employees and sub-contractors.
- Liaising with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site.
- Maintaining the accident and dangerous occurrence register and tracking remedial actions.
- Accident and dangerous occurrence investigations.
- A third level degree qualification in Health and Safety.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience in the construction industry is desirable.