School Caretaker - Permanent Role - Chapelizod
- Date Listed11/01/2022
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
My Client, a highly reputable secondary school, located close to Chapilizod, currently have an urgent requirement for a Caretaker on a full time, permanent, long term basis.
This position will involve working for my client directly on their own books directly on a permanent basis, this is not an agency position, we are assisting my client in finding suitable candidates for the role
Successful candidates should have previous experience in a similar type of role either directly in a caretaking capacity or else have worked as a Handyman or tradesman would be preferrable, a good understanding of electrics, plumbing and carpentry are essential for this role as is a can-do attitude.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To take care of/maintain the School premises, furniture, equipment and fittings and ensure that they are kept to an agreed/appropriate standard and condition.
- To carry out painting and renovation work in the School as required
- To monitor the level of heat in the school during the year. To ensure the maintenance of the heating system and the monitors of same
- To keep in safe custody the keys of all rooms in the building and to ensure that no unauthorised person has any access to any part of the building
- To ensure the maintenance of Security Alarms, Burglar Alarms, Lifts, and Plumbing and Heating Systems by contacting service contractors when necessary
- To keep the School grounds generally in good order by looking after flowerbeds and preventing litter or trespass thereon.
- To open and close the School as directed by the School Principal
- To run errands as directed by the School Principals
- To assist with the maintenance of the student lockers and to assist in the distribution of lockers to students and the collection of keys.
- Set up spaces for exams and clear away afterwards
- Be on call for day to day emergencies e.g. spillages, alarm going off, plumbing issues, heating issues etc.
- Collect bins from the outside spaces. Pack and maintain bins. Ensure that bins are collected and that no unauthorised persons use them. Keep bin area tidy.
This position is for an immediate start
The salary on offer for this role is €36,000 per annum, there is also another Caretaker on site, the shifts worked on site are either 07:00-15:30 or 11:00-19:00 Monday to friday which are sorted out internally with the existing caretaker
If you feel like you fit the above description and are either available now or unhappy in your current role please send through your cv for immediate consideration and confidential call back to discuss the details of the role
Your cv will never be sent to anybody without your permission and full discussion to make sure the role is right for you