Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Date Listed 18/05/2018
Senior Health & Safety Consultant - PSDP - Dublin Based Project Management Consultancy
Salary Range: Excellent base salary (doe) + package (Incl, Car Allowance, Pension, Laptop, Phone… )
We are a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy recognised for the value we bring to our clients. From a global network of offices, we provide a full range of consultancy services designed to deliver effective solutions for clients in any sphere of private and public sector activity, anywhere in the world. They provide a broad spectrum of Safety, Health & Quality (SHQ) services across both property and infrastructure sectors, managing delivery of these services across an extensive range of project / programme values ranging from €5m-€400m.
Over the past number of decades our teams have lead some of the most significant projects in the history of the state and have recently been appointed to lead the PSDP for a number significant project. We also act as SHQ auditors and advisors to Blue Chip and Public Sector clients.
On appointment, the successful candidate would become immediately involved in the delivery of a consultancy project with one of the companies key clients, this is an Audit and Advisory contract.
The candidate will be responsible managing their own portfolio of with full support from the organisation.
The role affords a number of opportunities for the successful candidate i.e. sharing in the development and expansion of their local and international service delivery model, increasing our service offering to new clients, owner for project outputs and quality of delivery; and be actively be involved in the delivery of the business aspects of the division.The candidate must be able to demonstrate a good track record in contributing to business development, be able to work on your own initiative and be comfortable working in, as well as leading teams.
1. Ensuring provision of deliverables to clients are of suitable quality and that they are issued timely;
2. Maintaining a positive customer (internal and external) relations with clients;
3. Gaining confidence of your clients in becoming their focal point for communication on health & safety matters;
4. Identifying and supporting clients’ expectations in a competitive environment;
5. Supporting business development targets in opening and closing opportunities. Support in the preparation of various proposals and bids;
6. Supporting line management in delivering upon regional targets and goals;
7. Ensuring all aspects of day to day commission management are met and necessary client satisfaction levels are achieved;
8. Responsibility for the quality and commercial delivery aspects of your work and develop skills and share knowledge within the SHQ team
The role reports to SHQ Service Lead for Ireland
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience that are essential to the effective performance of the role:
1. Chartered Member of the Institute of Safety & Health (CMIOSH) – preferable (evidence of a candidate’s CPD in working towards full chartership will also be considered)
2. Multi-sector experience desired
3. Full Irish/European driving licence
4. Member of the Association of Project Safety - desirable
5. Be ‘solutions’ driven;
6. Strong project management skills/awareness;
7. Ability to work in partnership with clients (and/or stakeholders) in order to continually deliver high levels of satisfaction, provide effective solutions and resolve issues;
8. Be able to work on own initiative;
9. Be effective as a team player and being creative in establishing effective relationships;
10. Have a strong commercial awareness and be able to identify and pursue business opportunities.