Setting out Engineer - Co. Dublin
Date Listed 05/06/2018
We are seeking applications for the position of Setting out Engineer in Dublin. Our client is one Ireland’s most successful Main Contractors with a long history of completing projects on time, within budget and to the highest standards; they currently have vacancies for Setting out Engineers in Dublin. The Setting out Engineer needs to be motivated and have good communication skills, as well as being familiar with EDM's, Total Stations, Laser Levels and Dumpy levels.
- The role will require significant liaising with the Senior Engineer, Site Clerk, Junior Quantity Surveyors, Quality & Environmental Manager, Site Manager, Subcontractors and the Health & Safety Officer.
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project
- Preparing engineering drawings and engineering calculations for planning applications.
- Taking site and foundation levels.
- Ensure maintenance of drawing register and ensuring proper distribution of all drawings.
- Scheduling daily Work Programmes.
- Scheduling steel reinforcement and other material requisitions.
- Attending weekly management team meetings.
- Coordinating subcontractors including maintaining a daily Site Diary detailing manpower levels for each Sub-contractors and keeping accurate notes of all on-site activities.
- Making of concrete cubes including recording locations, sending for testing and analysing results as well as other quality checks as required.
What you need to have
- Qualification in Engineering
- Previous experience on residential projects is essential
- Proficient in the use of Design Software
- You must be proficient using total stations
- You will need to have a minimum of 1-3 years setting out experience
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate