Setting Out Engineer
- Date Listed31/07/2020
The Shannon Valley Group are currently seeking a full time Setting Out Engineer for the Greater Dublin area. The Engineer reports to the Senior Engineer on site and works closely with him or her to help drive the project through to successful completion. The Engineer is highly motivated and willing to work on their own initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting out according to design, drawings and complying with company setting out procedure
- As-built surveys with processing
- Valuation surveys with processing-commence surveys and process figures according to QS requests and site conditions
- To comply with company and site-specific Health and Safety protocols and to ensure any health and safety concerns are identified and reported as necessary
- Take care of instruments under your control
- To comply with the company’s detailed survey protocols
- Disseminate information from drawings, specifications, etc. to foremen, operatives, subcontractors, so that they clearly understand what is required
- Check plans and drawings to ensure all calculations are accurate
- Making sure the work performed and materials used are as specified in the contract
- Cooperating with the contract’s manager, foreman, colleagues, and other contractors and the client’s site management
- Daily records must be kept
You will be ambitious and motivated to progress your career within the civil space. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A third level Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 3 years' experience in a similar role is desirable
- Setting out experience is essential for this position
- Understand the key elements of engineering work on site-setting out, day-to-day surveys, as-built drawings etc.
- Proficient in the use of Topcon and/or a GPS Trimble EDM instrumentation
- Proficient in the use of Auto-cad
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Valid Safe Pass
- Proficiency in all MS packages
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail are key
Excellent remuneration package available for the right candidate, dependent on experience.
Apply below or alternatively call Leona @ 087 749 8459 for a confidential chat.