- Date Listed04/03/2021
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
I am currently looking for a Junior Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analysing tender documentation and submitting quotations to Clients.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and analytical mindset.
(Senior or Junior / Depending on Education and Experience)
- Prepare thorough pricing estimates on new projects.
- Read and understand job bid instructions, detailed specifications, and drawings.
- Prepare a "take off" of materials from drawings.
- Calculate costs for labour, materials, production times, plant costs and site costs.
- Build relationships with Main Contractors, Architects, Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
- Source Vendors, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers.
- Maintain database for enquiries and submit tenders in timely manner.
- Follow up and track quotations.
- Work directly with Sales.
- Use Excel or Strumis Estimating
Education and/or Experience
(desirable but not necessary as training can be provided)
Any of the following: Third Level Qualification such as Diploma in Construction Technology, Batchelor Of Science in Quantity Surveying, Batchelor of Science in Project Management, Construction Related Studies in Architecture or Engineering, Experience working in the steel industry such as a Steel detailer. Experience working as an Estimator.
- General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures would be an asset.
- Ability to review and analyse construction drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of organisation, as well as with external parties.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.