Date Listed 16/03/2018
We are a large building and civil engineering company based in Ireland & the UK, they have been undertaking operations in Ireland for the previous 50 years and have been regarded as one of Irelands leading building and civil engineering contractors.
Responsible for day to day administration of all HR functions, including implementing policies and programs, performance management, training and organizational development and employee relations.
- Core Responsibilities of role
- Employee Relations - Policies, Grievance & disciplinary
- Employee Engagement - First point of contact for all EE queries
- Talent Acquisition - Manage full cycle, low volume senior professional recruitment
- Legislation - Implement HR policies, monitor compliance, immigration compliance
- Training & Development - Implement training across the business
- HR Administration - HR database management, general admin
- HR Projects – as required by the HR Director
- Work on problems of diverse and sometimes complex scope. Provide input to the evaluation of people practices and policies on employee morale including the employee engagement survey and their impact on meeting the organization’s objectives.
- Implement consistent and defensible process for fairly dealing with disciplinary issues to protect company interest.
- Maintain accuracy and completeness of all general HR administration, including personnel files and training records using Company HRIS – CascadeGo. Streamline all clerical/administrative related HR processes.
- Communicate and liaise with Managers and Supervisors on effective management of the performance management and appraisal systems,
- Coach Managers and supervisors regarding employee relations issues. Investigate concerns, evaluate/offer possible resolution, provide work related advice, guidance and direction to resolve employee grievances/complaints,
- To support, assist and advice managers and supervisors in all aspects of the HR remit including Disciplinary, Grievance and Bullying & Harassment
- To monitor and manage absence records and liaise with supervisors as appropriate
- To manage long and short-term absences in line with policy
- To manage employee complaints in line with policy
- Work with Management on Policy and Strategy development and implement HR Policies and Procedures. Adjust and review HR related Policies and Procedures as necessary.
- Work seamlessly with the HSQE teams on HR matters
- To report to the HR Director. Provide monthly reports on key HR performance indicators.
- Creating, tracking and reconciling HR Budget
- Develop and Manage an efficient HR Team and Support staff
- Develop and Implement a strong GDPR policy for the Group
- Experience working in a similar sized business (200-500)
- UK, Irish and EU Employment law knowledge
- Strong Communication, presentation and administration skills
- Experience in Construction, Construction Services and Facilities Management environment
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is essential with demonstrable competency
- A highly organised team player, with a desire for continuous improvement.