Junior QS - Galway
Date Listed 24/07/2017
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Contract
- One of Irelands top 5 M&E contractors turning over approx. €150 million
- Excellent package & career development prospects
- Prestigious M&E projects including Commercial, Industrial, Data Centres, Pharmaceutical, etc.
Junior Quantity Surveyor required to join an international market leading Mechanical & Electrical Contractor based in Galway. The successful Junior Quantity Surveyor will be will be responsible for the management of the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
This tier one organisation originates from Ireland and has grown into an internationally diversified firm operating throughout Europe who works on a number of prestigious blue chip client projects within a number of key sectors including Power, Data Centres, Industrial, Infrastructure and pharmaceutical.
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims. Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
- Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorisation, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalisation of these accounts. Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved. Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Minimum HNC Building Services Surveying, desirable would be a BSc QS
- 2+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management within construction
- Detailed knowledge of Quantity Surveying role
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
- Effective planner who efficiently manages to assist in the resolving of any issues that will be encountered.
- Good Team Player.
For more information about this role or others, contact Alan Mooney at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/ +44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry.