Project Manager - Co. Galway
Date Listed 29/03/2018
Vacancy: Project Manager
Salary: NEG. Depending on experience
We require Project Manager – Water and Wastewater Contracts – Galway, Ireland (Ref: CWL1731)
3D Personnel’s Water and Wastewater Division undertakes a wide range of design, build and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal and private industrial market throughout the UK & Ireland.
If you are interested in working with a leading main contractor and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the U.K., then send us your CV. We are currently wishing to employ an experienced Water and Wastewater Project Manager to manage a number of innovative and challenging projects in Ireland covering a diverse portfolio of MEICA and Civil works.
What are we looking for?
Based out of our Galway head office with regular travel, operating within the water team on DB and DBO contracts nationwide, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and effective Project Manager. We would require the candidate to oversee contracts from pre-commencement through to operational handover, ensuring that work is completed to project requirements on time and within its budget. We would require the successful candidate to play a key role in managing contracts to a successful delivery.
- To manage and oversee all aspects of DB and DBO contracts for public and private clients, the role includes a wide range of works to develop and maintain the clients standing as a main contractor in the water and wastewater sector in Ireland.
- This role will include the following:
- Management of a project team including design staff, project engineers and support staff across multiple projects.
- Responsibility for project management, project control, engineering management, and construction.
- Management and liaison with internal and external design teams in a multi-disciplinary environment, providing commercial and technical guidance. (civil, process, mechanical, electrical, ICA, H&S & BIM)
- Effectively maintain and develop healthy client and stakeholder relationships throughout the project from commencement to project close-out,
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues,
- In-depth programme planning and scheduling of project deliverables and the development of resource loaded schedules for design and contract administration services.
- Drive and ensure consistent implementation of health, safety, quality and environmental procedures to
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years water and wastewater industry contracting experience including site supervision and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater design and operational processes
- Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works)
- Successful track record in the delivery of multiple infrastructure contracts
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to manage all aspects of design, build and operate contracts
- Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer but not a necessity
- Estimating experience
- Competent in use of Microsoft Project programming software.