Site Engineer (Civil)
- Date Listed08/01/2020
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
Larnach Recruitment currently have an immediate need for an experienced Site engineer for a major civil contractor in the greater Connaught region but primarily based out of their Galway office.
The role itself is joining the project management team as a site engineer, you would be reporting directly to one of the project engineers and would be mainly based on projects in the Galway/Mayo area. The project engineer you will be reporting to will be managing 5-6 projects at any given time, these will be a mix of resurfacing packages on the major road projects in the Galway/Mayo region and road realignment packages for the local authorities, the scope of these will include civil, marking and landscaping aspects. To begin with you will be assisting the project engineer in managing these projects with an expectation that you will progress to managing projects yourself relatively soon after you start. There is a large management team and support network and you will be eased into higher responsibility roles at the correct pace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Basic setting out – Guidance and training will be given if required.
Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or engineer.
Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Attending weekly meetings with consultants and clients.
- Degree or HND/HNC in Building Engineering, Civil Construction, Construction Engineering or Construction
- A minimum of 3 years' recent relevant experience as a Site Engineer on Civil projects.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience successfully managing and coordinating sub-contractors on a large scale.
- Proven track record of monitoring sub-contractors
- Experience in AutoCAD and using GPS, Total Stations, dumpy and laser levels.
- Experience in carrying out Health and Safety Assessments / Inspections
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Proven trouble shooting skills
- Ability to motivate
- Excellent written and oral skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Our client has an excellent reputation within the construction sector. This is an opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing company and gain well rounded experience in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work alongside an extremely talented team. You will be a hardworking, enthusiastic individual with a hands-on approach and willingness to learn.
If you are an Engineer and are considering a career move, please do not hesitate to contact Micheál Brady on 083 399 4594 or email to register your interest.
Larnach will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice at www.larnach.ie
Reference ID: Larna0851