EHS Advisor - Kildare
Date Listed 23/04/2018
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
Sherlock Recruitment have been asked by our client, one of Irelands Premier Construction contractors to recruit an experienced Safety Officer to undertake a project in the Dublin area.
As the Health and Safety Officer, you will have full responsibility for putting in place appropriate risk assessments and method statements on all sites and ensuring implementation of these measures. You will need to carry out site safety inspections, site safety audits and checking safety equipment. You will complete safety pre-qualification documents as well as liaising with the HSA.
To be successful for this position you will have;
- a Qualification in Health and Safety. With the ability to train manual handling and abrasive wheels.
- 5 years + experience as a safety officer within the construction industry
- IT skills.
- Quality and Audit experience.
- Experience in OHSAS 18000 implementation on sites
- Preparing health and safety plans for sites with site experience.
- Contractor background
- Valid Safe Pass Card and Manual Handling Certificate
You will also manage accident and incident investigations and compile relevant reports, update and review risk assessments on an ongoing basis, develop site specific safety statements and attend meetings with clients and action any health and safety issues that may arise.
Training can be provided for applicants who don’t hold a Safe Pass Card or Manual Handling Certificate. You can visit www.sherlocksafety.com to arrange training.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, you can forward your CV along with copies of your certificates by email.