Estimator - Construction
- Date Listed24/03/2020
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
BSS Recruitment is currently recruiting an Estimator to work on behalf of a well-established Contractor and to be based in Mayo.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to take a leading role with a main contractor in Ireland and the UK. The role is to assist with tender estimation for the companies Irish operations with projects in the Civils, Groundworks, Energy and Transport sectors
- Work in the estimation department for all the companies Irish projects
- Preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required
- Attend, both internal and external, tender review meetings with the procurement team
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / subcontractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings (a great opportunity to gain exposure to project planning, design and costing)
- 3-5+ Years’ experience within a similar role
- An in depth understanding of the tendering process within construction
- Excellent client communication skill
- The desire to join a highly successful, forward thinking company.
- Strong communicator with a keen eye for detail
- Strategic thinker
JOB - 29042 INDHP
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent