Industrial Foreman - Electrical
Date Listed 09/08/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Contract
Due to our continual growth Tim Kelly Group are currently recruiting an Industrial Electrical Foreman to join our team. As a leading contractor we specialise in the provision of mechanical, electrical, fire protection and technology services to a range of sectors including commercial, data centre, manufacturing, infrastructure and healthcare. With such a broad spectrum of sectors and services, you will most certainly acquire exceptional opportunities to broaden your skills, abilities and knowledge in cutting edge technology and work practices.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Qualified Industrial Electrician having previously worked as a Foreman on Commercial / Industrial Work
- Required to attend Site meetings
- Mark-Up Electrical Drawings for Co-ordination purposes
- Attend meetings with Main Contractor on site for progress
- Liaise with Project Manager for duration of Job
- Liaise with Electrical QS re: variations/Changes on Site
- Responsible for daily Electrical Works on site.
- Carry out Inductions with Sub-Contractors
- Prepare Method statements as required
- Carry out all Health & Safety Checks on Site (GA3’s, SSWP’s Tool Box Talks, Site Inductions, etc.)
- Order day to day materials as required.
- Experience in LV Installations (400v or less)
- Good knowledge of installing Electrical LV systems such as Tray, Trunking, Steel Conduit, etc.
- Wiring of LV systems using single core cable in steel conduit for Lighting, Sockets, Spurs, etc.
- Wiring of ELV Systems in steel conduit for Data, Fire Alarm, CCTV, Door Access, Intruder Alarm, etc.
- Termination of Sub-mains Cables (upto 4x300mm2)
- Installation, Termination & Testing of Sub-Distribution Boards & Main Boards
- Testing of LV Installation & Recording of Tests in Test Record Sheets.
- Assist in Commissioning of ELV Systems (ie Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarm, CCTV, etc.)
- Marking up As-Built Drawings on Completion of works
- Good knowledge of current Electrical Standards
- Current Safe Pass required.
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to read Construction Drawings & compare to Electrical Drawings & install Electrical Systems to suit
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Must be suitably qualified through a certified national body
This list is not exhaustive. The Technician will be required to perform such other duties as appropriate to the post, as may be assigned to you from time to time by the PM or such other designated person(s).